9.03.2008

Two time National Champ?!

I know, you all probably think I am out of business or something with the lack of blogging lately. But, its actually the exact opposite.  I have never been busier and keeping up with the blog gets pushed further down the to do list.  Recently I had the pleasure of photographing the cheerleaders at Argyle High School (I will post my favs later).  While event type photography is not something I typically do, I had a great time getting creative with all the girls and meeting lots of wonderful families in the process.  The morning of the shoot I was a little (okay a lot) panicky because I just couldn't find a great location to take the girls pictures.  Location scouting is definitely a forte, but when it has to be a large enough space for 30 girls, it gets a little tricky.  I couldn't image taking "my style" of photos in front of the school or something.  Well, as always God had my back when Tina called.  Tina's daughter is a JV cheerleader and she saw my website and wanted to schedule a shoot with her daughter to show off her National Equestrian trophies (how cool is that?).  Long story short (I know, its already long) Tina told me about her parents property.  So on my way to the shoot I turned off to scout it out for Logan and I was like "holy moly, this is perfect!" Fearless me calls Tina who I just met and asked if I could bring 30 teenagers to her parents property, lol ... and the rest they say, is history!  I am so grateful to say the least.  
Ok, now meet Logan.  This was such a fun session.  Logan is so photogenic,  a competitive cheerleader and oh, yea a two time "National Champion"!!  We had fun doing the "normal" girly poses, but I got to get creative and WAY out of my comfort zone with animals ... large, gorgeous champion arabian horses.  I did learn a few things.  Like first of all, a horses head does NOT crop the same way as a human.  Anyway, I could talk all night, but I need to get this posted for Tina and "grandma".  I know they are dying!
Aren't her green eyes just gorgeous? 
She's laughing here because I almost broke my ankle standing on all these bails of hay.
Proof ... in case you needed it! :)
The real star of the shoot
Trying something totally new.  What do you think?
So glad mom's trust me enough to leave their children with me ... even if I have them lay on railroad tracks!
These last two are completely different than what I normally do.  (I got to really get out of the box a lot with Miss Logan!) The sun was already gone and we were shooting in the dark (close to anyway).  Tina was gone to get gas and usually I would have ended the session a half hour before, but I couldn't resist.  So, these pics are full of grain, textured, and well, I kinda like 'em.
So moody and modelish (is that a word?)
I know you are dying Tina ... hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

snorthcutt said...

Crys, I LOVE the horse pics. I knew I would and I can't wait to see more. All your long hours and hard work are showing in your pictures. (Not to mention beautiful models!!!) Keep up the good work. love you, Aunt Sheri

Anonymous said...

I want to see them all. You are doing a great job. I also LOVE the horse pics. It looks like you know what you are doing and have the talent to take pics at any time.

Loves, Aunt Loree

Jaime Lee Puskar said...

LOVE the horse/sunset pic. You are a total rockstar! (and my personal business hero!)

Marla said...

Wow, those are gorgeous! LOVE the horse in the sunset.