4.13.2008

Hannah's Baptism. Portfolio Building #1

Here is the first of my freebie pb shoots! I am so thrilled with how these turned out. Stayed tuned as my goal is to complete 10 portfolio building sessions total, so 9 more by May 1st! I already have 5 more scheduled. Once I complete all 10 I hope to have my website up and running with all my new portfolio pics and officially be open for business! Ok, back to real reason for this post ... pecious Hannah Catherine.
OK, I was super nervous about this session because it was for Hannah's Baptism. I knew I had to get there early to take some photos outside in the natural light. Babies and lots of clothes dont typically photograph well, so I was worried about her gown, but these turned out beautifully. They ended up being a little different than I had originally envisioned because of the lack of space around the church, but I still really love them. Her grandparents were my little assistants and she was SO perfect. She was wide awake and even held her rattle for me. Too cute. It also helps that she is the most beautiful 2 month old baby with the bluest eyes you've ever seen! Here is a sneak peak, Aunt Monique. Thanks for letting me use these to build my portfolio and to promote my business.
The first five are from outside as they are by far my fav.
This one is so vintage looking with her little bonnet. There are so many cool techniques I could do, but I just love her eyes and couldn't resist just going color.



I love grandparent/grandbaby shots.

Dark church + funky yellow color casts = thank God for black and white photos :)

This shot is so great bc it captures a hilarious moment. Hannah jerked and the holy water nearly drowned her!

It wouldn't be an event if Aunt Monique didn't cry. She's such a pro she doesn't even go into the ugly face.
Isn't she just beautiful!
Proud big sister Hallee and big brother Hayden

5 comments:

Monique said...

Crys,

I love the pics! That is your God given talent and I am glad you are using it! I will always treasure the pictures of Hannah on her special day - can't wait to see the rest! Your talent will be a blessing to all that you photograph and their families! Love you, Aunt Monique

Jaime Lee Puskar said...

These are amazing Crystal!!! You are so talented and I think you've found your niche!

Jamie Kutter Photography said...

Great job! I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see more :)

Adrienne said...

these look awesome!!! i wish i could fly down to be one of your 10!!

Anonymous said...

Those were beautiful. Keep up the great work. I know you love doing it. Enjoy every minute of it.